Rules and Regulations
NorthstarMLS® is responsible for fairly enforcing MLS rules and regulations for all NorthstarMLS® participants. MLS rules compliance is important to our business:
- Ensures the offer of compensation, making sure you get paid.
- Ensures you have current, accurate and complete property data.
- Ensures professional data sharing and cooperative behaviors.
If you have any questions about MLS rules, please contact the NorthstarMLS® Rules Department at 651-251-3210.
If all agents comply with 4 simple rules, nearly half of NorthstarMLS® Compliance Notices and Fines would disappear:
- Enter a listing within 2 business days of the listing contract effective date;
- Enter a photo within 2 business days of entering the listing;
- Ensure all public fields and supplements are free from agent and 3rd party promotion;
- Update pending listings within 2 business days after the closing or when the closing is postponed.