AFTER THE TAX CREDIT: NOW WHAT?
Solution 2.0: Down Payment Resource (DPR)
Down Payment Resource is launching just in time to fill the void left by the Housing Tax Credit Program. This web-based service provides REALTORS® and mortgage lenders an easy, cost-effective way to match homebuyers with government funded assistance programs.
What is DPR?
DPR is the first ever resource that can quickly and easily match home buyers with available funding for down payment assistance, affordable mortgages, rehab loans and more.
DPR takes the mystery and confusion out of finding assistance programs by identifying and aggregating programs for which your homebuyers may be eligible.
How does it work?
DPR is an online-based tool with an easy user interface that can be used in several ways.
- Identify Northstar listings on Matrix that may qualify for one or more assistance programs then click DPR icon to see program information.
- Consumers searching listings online can:
- see which homes may qualify for assistance
- answer 8-10 questions to see if they may be eligible for help
- ask for your help
- Enter some basic information about your customer and the system will summarize assistance program information based on your customer’s eligibility.
DPR won’t cost you a penny! NorthstarMLS is providing this to all agents and brokers as part of your membership.
How will it help me grow my business?
- Lack of a down payment is the #1 reason renters can’t buy a home. DPR brings these people off the sidelines and into the home buying marketplace which translates to new business for you.
- Customers need you to access DPR program information. Using DPR positions you as a must-have resource and local real estate expert.
Click here for a detailed outline of DPR facts & benefits
Click here to take the DPR Tour -- a series of short "how-to" videos that show you how DPR works and how it can impact your business.